The software architecture of Vsystem makes it
easy to incorporate computer models and complex control algorithms into Vsystem.
Improved productivity and profitability by:
- Adding theoretical algorithms to the live system for control
- Adding models to the live system to allow operators to test settings and
commands before issuing them to the hardware.
- Adding system models in place of the hardware to provide an off-line
simulation and training system, to improve operator skills.
For off-line simulation and training systems, a copy of the on-line system is
used along with a model that replaces the hardware - thus ensuring the same look
and feel and greatly reducing the implementation time.
Current applications include:
- Steel hot-mill setup algorithms
- Aluminum mill complex control
- Satellite control room systems
- Coal-fired power plant training simulators
- Nuclear power plant simulators
- Charged-particle accelerators and beam lines
Updated Jan 4, 2010